August 25, 2012

Back to School: Sharing and Comparing

All my classmates are rushing to our school's online website to see what their new schedules are for the year. It shows what teachers and classes they have, so everyone's excited to see what they get. Obviously some will not be happy as much as others. Also, people will want to know who is in their class, right? Well, that's where the handy-dandy Facebook comes in.

My school year starts on Tuesday (pretty early for around here). There are a lot of new changes now that it's a new year; completely new menus for lunch, new students, schedules, teachers, and it's going to be a blast. Even more important, I'll be the top dog of the school. No more being picked on as a 6th grader or 7th grader. As an 8th grader, it's time for me to do some of the picking (not really *cough*).

My Facebook homepage is flooded with my classmates' schedules all with the same quote; "Who's in my class?" Of course, this is very chaotic when you have a lot of buddies at school who all want to know which classes you have in common. Lucky for me, I was one of the first to post my schedule which means two things: number one, I got the whole schedule-posting trend started and number two, I get to know who is in my class before anyone else since mine is the only one currently in everyone's news feed.

I really like my new schedule and can't wait for the year to start!

My question for the week is for adults...

Did you ever call up your friends when you were younger when you got your schedules to see who was in your class?

Now a question for the people still in school...

Are you excited for this new school year?!!? I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment