June 23, 2012

Don't Let Summer Waste Away!

This summer, my friends are off to camps, going on vacation, and all other fun activities while I'm stuck at home waiting for our July vacation to start. It kind of surprises me that my friends and their families immediately go on vacation right after school lets out, though. Usually people will take a couple weeks to relax and then head off, like my family. So, I am scavenging daily for activities I can take part of. It's quite a hard task to look for things to do, and I end up repeating the same thing I do the day before.
At the end of the summer, I go back to school and everyone talks about vacations and everything that happened. I then begin to tell them about my vacations, but totally forget what I had done at home before my family's vacation had begun. I completely get paranoid and think, I just wasted a whole summer doing nothing! I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that, but I REALLY felt bad for myself.
This summer, my mom came up with the idea to keep a calendar chart of everything I did every day, such as go bowling, swimming with friends, or going to a lake. That way, at the end of the summer, I can look back at what I did each and every day. Now, I can say, hey, I didn't waste every day typing blog posts or sitting at home watching TV. My goal is to do something exciting every day this summer.

I forgot to fill out Friday's, but click on it to make it larger. Take a look at what mine looks like so far:



Pretty cool, huh? Well, I think you guys should give it a try.

My question for this week is...

What are you doing this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment